Friday, August 21, 2009

This I Believe

Perhaps you have heard the radio presentation “This I Believe” on NPR. Many of the essays submitted have been compiled into two volumes by this title. Some time ago, I penned my own affirmation of faith. It has not changed though the geography of my life has.

I believe that people are the most valuable resource we have. I believe that God calls out the best in us even and especially in the worst of times. I believe that I have been place on this earth for a purpose and I am seeking to live out my purpose as one of His servants. The virtues of honesty, humility, and servanthood are the virtues I seek to embody within my soul and with the resources I have received. These are goals which I believe will contribute to making the world a better place.

I believe that loving and being loved are the two greatest gifts one can give and receive. I believe that the Church is called to stand in the gap and hold people in times of pain and crisis to give them hope.

Most of all, I believe in God, the Father, Jesus Christ, His Son, and the power of the Holy Spirit. I believe that my gifts and graces are called on and called out to bring hope and foster healing in people’s lives. Finally I believe that the best hope any of us has is sharing our life and faith in the midst of community.

Yes I believe.

1 comment:

  1. I love that series. First sermon I preached here in Ripley was entitled This I Believe and I talked about for me how it all comes down to grace. That's it, that's the list. Good thoughts, and beliefs!

    ReplyDelete